20080525

It's on?


Some sort of 'feud' is brewing between the modern creators of slack culture, Generation X and neuvo hipsters dubbed as Millennials.  Regardless, I'm happy that Robert Lanham has documented the differences between the age groups.  I happen to fall directly in the middle of the labeled generations, growing up in the Alternative Nation and idolizing Winona Ryder as a teen, yet here I am, blogging about it.

I was equally inspired to to look up Kennedy on YouTube to find this clip talking about women in the 90's while Cracker's "Low" and Smashing Pumpkin's "Disarm" plays in the background. Surprisingly, that is the only interview on youtube that turns up when searching for 'Kennedy' and 'MTV'. One would initially think there are more Kennedy/Alternative Nation clips on youtube, but alas, I am searching for Gen X content on a Millenial search engine.

But a Milennial has, of course, instantly and proudly responded. and he has a point, they are on the path to put Obama into office.

while you're at it, check out this article from today's NYT. i miss my peers.

No comments:

About MLE

My photo
Brooklyn, New York
Brooklyn Wisconsinite Entrepreneur, Yogi, Swimmer, etc. Background P1. P2. P3. Final Installment.