20080916

Turn Up The Sun

Tanning beds put into the Alaskan governor's mansion.


I've been morbidly fascinated by Sarah Palin from the moment she was announced as the GOP's VP candidate.  She's just so bad.  And so 2008 with the pregnant teenager tabloid story.  Very Juno and Jamie Lynn.  Btw, the above photo was provide by her FAMILY to the media.  Wtf?

Shockingly, the Republicans managed to choose someone who has even less in common with me than Bush.  That was one of my Bush issues from the getgo.  I would look at this fortunate son, playboy, steak eating, oil-guzzling, earth hating, southern cowboy and think about how I don't think someone like that could ever relate to my life.  What a bummer that he is the leader of the country I was born in.  That and I've always wanted someone to just please tell me one good thing Bush has done.  As humans, you'd think there'd be SOMETHING he could give a shit about besides money and/or good ole boys.  Education, the environment, or some other issue that affects everyone. But no, no one can seem to come up with one universal positive accomplishment from the Bush administration.

Then there's Sarah Palin, who just plain sets women back. Oh I know all about the book banning, no funding for rape victims, belief in converting gays (!), and more. But somehow, installing tanning beds in the Alaskan governor's mansion inspired me enough to publicly speak up about SP4VP.  I really thought I'd outgrown such a trashy and carcinigous trend by graduating from Arrowhead High School and moving away from Hartland, but no, it haunts me still. I'm all for all of the amazing working mothers out there, especially who support their children in all fields, be it hockey or swimming for example. But, unless that working mom has the legit credentials to hold the keys to essentially affect everyone on planet Earth in some way or another, I don't want her speaking for me or trying to legislate what I can or cannot do with my body.

Equal rights for all isn't just choosing someone for a job because of their sex/race/age/whatever. It's about choosing the right person for the job no matter what their sex/race/age/whatever is.

This message is brought to you by Lindsay and Sam.  (Go them, btw! :)




xo

PS - You can vote early in the swing state that is Florida here in Miami.

2 comments:

Fairytale Vegas said...

My mom and I often spend a lot of time talking about how much we loathe her. It's a lovely bonding experience.

schmatie said...

She gives women a bad name. I'm embarassed. Maybe I should try the power of prayer to turn myself into a dude so I can feel better about my peers.

About MLE

My photo
Brooklyn, New York
Brooklyn Wisconsinite Entrepreneur, Yogi, Swimmer, etc. Background P1. P2. P3. Final Installment.