20130315

B2B Preview @SXSW 2013

I have the absolute honor of both moderating and speaking on a SXSW panel this year.

I rarely seek out speaking engagements (believe it or not...) but took the initiative this year to put a panel together because of a fascinating topic I was witnessing in my every day work. Legends like Ringo Starr (a real live Beatle!) were on Twitter because of forward thinking team members such as the incredibly inspiring Elizabeth Fruend from Beautiful Day Media. Artists like Urge Overkill, who had toured with Nirvana at the height of Nevermind in the 90's were now self-releasing, maintaining ownership of their masters for the first time in their careers. Labels like ABKCO are strategizing the releases of not only active artists on their roster such as Eric Burdon, but are figuring out how to market The Rolling Stones' material to an entirely new generation. Meanwhile artists like Greta Morgan of The Hush Sound and Gold Motel have grown up with their fans online over the past decade watching them evolve from Myspace to Facebook to Twitter to Tumblr and turn into real deal adults from awkward teenagers before her very eyes.

Thus, we will be highlighting what is working for artists in their 20's to artists in their 70's in the modern music industry on Legends and Digital Natives on Music Industry 2.0

Come by and join us in Room 10C at the Austin Convention Center (500 E. Caesar Chavez) at 3:30 on Friday.  Can't wait!

Shortly after, I'll be joining friends from Rhapsody on A River of Cash or Up The Creek?  a.k.a. this panel is about streaming, which in short, I am pro because our industry has FINALLY legalized music in a way that makes sense for the public and I'm happy to remind everyone that our content is competing with free.

I am bummed I had to miss our Comedy panels, but I'm sure W. Kamau Bell and Janine Brito were genius on Why Comedians Don't Give a Fuck if You're Offended and I'm equally bummed I had to miss the always amazing Kevin Avery on Make Your Brains Twerk, Blacks in Tech. Maybe next year I'll get to Austin in time for Interactive!

See you at the Austin Convention Center this Friday.

Much Love,
Emily xo

1 comment:

Henry Robinson said...

metformin 500 mg is utilized with an appropriate eating routine and exercise program and possibly with different prescriptions to control high glucose. Appropriate control of diabetes may likewise lessen your danger of a coronary episode or stroke.

About MLE

My photo
Brooklyn, New York
Brooklyn Wisconsinite Entrepreneur, Yogi, Swimmer, etc. Background P1. P2. P3. Final Installment.