20080401

Jay-Z, Beyonce, Oprah, and Martin Atkins

I don't always remember my dreams for a very obvious reason for peeps who know me.

But this morning I awoke realizing that I had just vividly been on The Oprah Show being co-interviewed by none other than Ms. Winfrey and Beyonce Knowles.  This is possibly because in real life I recently explained to my Mom who Jay-Z was and also mentioned that he dated Beyonce (since I had recently attended a SICK concert at The Fillmore Miami Beach, more on that later).  

Anyway, the interview was a disaster as Oprah and Beyonce's egos took over and I couldn't get a word in edge-wise.  This is probably because of an Austin Chronicle article I was mentioned in that was brought to my attention by Laura Keating.  Laura said "Gasp!  Emily White, queen of talk, couldn't get a word in?  This guy must have had a lot to say."  But I clarified to Laura that Martin Atkins is a legend, hilarious, and a total sweetheart too! His manager, Larry White has a great last name and was fantastic as well.  In reality it was Martin's panel as he is invited around the globe for speaking engagements and I was just a wee special guest.  Of course I had a blast, met a ton of great people and it was a great way to kick of SXSW.  More on SXSW later.

After the Oprah and Beyonce interview went sour (I think a chair was thrown around by an audience member) I suddenly found myself on Michael Eavis' Worthy Farm in Pilton at good ole Glastonbury. In real life, Jay-Z is headlining Sunday night this year.  AWESOME!  But in dream land, I was one of about 10 audience members in a massive field at a far away stage watching a Beyonce concert.  I felt SO BAD for her and was super confused as to why no one had showed up.  I mean I know it's a rock festival, but she's one of the biggest artists in the world!  Eventually Jay-Z came out and did a song with her and the 10 of us were psyched.

After the set, Jay-Z started holding my hand and it really freaked me out!  I love him and Beyonce as a couple.  I told him "Hey, you're hot and all (ha!) but I really need to respect Beyonce."  He was like "It's cool, she knows we're just friends."  Double Ha!

I think that bit was inspired by this section in Jay's Wikipedia article that I had recently read:

"Jay-Z, since mid 2005, has been accused of having a sexual relationship with his mentee Rihanna when he signed her to Def Jam Records. Jay-Z and Rihanna have been spotted at a Net's basketball game in early 2007 together as well as spotted having dinner at his 40/40 club sports bar; while his girlfriend was on the otherside of the coast receiving her star on the Hollywood walk of fame. Additionally, these rumors seem to surface again during the 2008 Grammy Awards ceremony, where Rihanna is seen holding Jay-Z's hand after taking him from his seat where he was seated beside his longtime girlfriend. Tapes of the ceremony reveal Rihanna and Jay-Z being very playful with each other during their acceptance speech and then walking off the stage with their arms around each other.[citation needed]"

Ok, back to work.

Em xo


PS - For any Martin or MLE (that's me) fans who would like further viewing check out Martin's SXSW mini-doc HERE and HERE. I turn up around the 2 minute mark in both. Props to the also featured Tift Merrit, (who is a Madison House friend), Saul Williams (who is seriously a major Dresden Dolls fan, the feeling is mutual dude!), and Andrew who is the Supersuckers TM and graduated from Northeastern's Music Industry program in 2006. Doesn't Eddie from the Supersuckers look just like Kier Byrnes from Three Day Threshold? Remember when we made out onstage at The Middle East years ago Kier? That was hot! Betcha didn't know that one Kevin Hoskins!

1 comment:

Lolly said...

i don't even realize i know so much about Wizzle World until i read a blog like this and don't actually have to click on the links to know what you are talking about.
(currently patting myself on the back for being a rad besty, despite being on the other end of the country.)

About MLE

My photo
Brooklyn, New York
Brooklyn Wisconsinite Entrepreneur, Yogi, Swimmer, etc. Background P1. P2. P3. Final Installment.