20080822

Braless and Britpopping in London

I loathe wearing a bra and Amanda loves wearing ONLY a bra.  To each their own.
Either way, Amanda's sold-out performance was absolutely stunning last night.  Way to go AP. If you weren't able to get a ticket, you can come back and visit when Ms. Palmer headlines KoKo on 10/10 with additional musicians, performance artists, and our classic crew.  That will be extra special for me as I used to work at MTV, right down the road in Camden Town. Memories! AND the last time I was at KoKo, it was for NOEL GALLAGHER SOLO ACOUSTIC. Sickest night ever. I was going to link to a youtube clip of said 2006 show, but that is too easy. Instead I stumbled from a great clip of Noel playing "Talk Tonight" at my first Oasis show ever! January 17th, 1998. I will never forget that date. Mel and I stood outside for 6 hours in winter to get in the front row of the Rosemont Horizon (now renamed The Man center in various incarnations).  I know in the hardcore universe of Oasis fandom, that is a late date for a first show.  However, I was 15 and when the band came to town a few years prior when I was in middle school (in which I was as obsessed as ever), I had the 11-12 Wisconsin State Swimming Championships and alas couldn't go to The Rave.  At least I think I won a few events.  The next 10 years would make up for it though as I've had the honour of seeing Noel and the band over a dozen times in various countries.  And my obv life highlight of Noel dedicating "Don't Look Back In Anger" to me in Germany in 2005.  BEST MP3 EVER.

Sorry, no matter how many times I've been here, UK visits bring out the uber hardcore Anglophile in me....

Anyway, we are having a blast clowning around one of my hometowns, although I have seen only emo bands and no Britpop stars staying at the good ole K West.  Sigh.  But oh oh oh, breaking news, Sean Francis just sent me the new Verve album.  Yessssss.

Hopefully that feeling will be additionally enhanced by any sort of Pete Doherty spotting tomorrow @ Reading.  Oh and Michael Phelps will be in London this weekend too.  Score!

Update: Two minutes into the new Verve album, I love it already.  Shocker!

xo


No comments:

About MLE

My photo
Brooklyn, New York
Brooklyn Wisconsinite Entrepreneur, Yogi, Swimmer, etc. Background P1. P2. P3. Final Installment.