20090322

SXSW Past and Present

In 2003, I asked Amanda Palmer if I could tour manage The Dresden Dolls on their first "national" tour.  Sans summer of NIN and Europe 2005, that first tour remains my fave.  

Me & AP on said tour @ a SXSW party in 2004.





 













This year, 2009 Amanda was making her debut as a solo artist.  
And our 2009 hair is shorter.




















Margaret played about town as well, debuting songs @ the Myspace party, Velveeta Room, Esther Follies, and Perez's party.  I think I can relate to every song she played. :)  Download "Eat Shit and Die" HERE.

I had a blast hanging out with Alina Simone last night.  Everyone should come out to her 5/21 show @ Union Hall.  Alina, Amanda, and Eugene Mirman are a trio Lexington, MA high school friends, and it's a pleasure to witness all of their careers continue to grow.

A lot more happened, but I'm hitting the wall.  Fave non-Whitesmith shows were Graham Coxon @ the Q party & just plain seeing Bobby Gillespie @ breakfast.  Thanks so much to Ja-rone, Kristan, Beth, Lydia, and Katrina for their help this week.  And of course, yay for Keri and Jenny Applebuam hang time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome! Love the past and present pictures!

About MLE

My photo
Brooklyn, New York
Brooklyn Wisconsinite Entrepreneur, Yogi, Swimmer, etc. Background P1. P2. P3. Final Installment.