20081008

#1 The Weather

I'm living in an odd state of purgatory, which isn't all bad, but it isn't ideal either.  I'm stuck in a pre-paid lease and can't move back to Brooklyn till the end of December.  The only way out of said lease is military service and I am not enlisting anytime soon.  Although I travel frequently for work and pleasure, my residence is Miami, FL for the next 85 days.  I am incredibly pleased with what we are working on in the meantime, but it doesn't mean I wouldn't mind taking breaks at Greenhouse Holistic and having meetings at Pan Ginger enjoying some jade mushrooms for lunch.  All in due time.  Thus, I will be listing something I like about Miami every day until I can return home.

#1 The weather.  Obvious answer, but true nonetheless.  I get cold way too easily.  I'm a wimp. At my last day job, I had a space heater by my desk and wore a hoodie every day.  When winter comes, I try not to verbally complain as much as I do, but it's because I'm beyond uncomfortable.  People say I should be "used to it" being from Wisconsin and all.  Nope, that just makes me loathe it more and bring back memories of frozen hair after swim practice.  
Amanda is similar and an acupuncturist friend told her once that it is due to not eating meat. I can see where that would make sense, but it's a bummer to consider altering one's beliefs just to stay warm.  Although my fave lounging clothes are usually comfy and tanktoppy, in the winter, I layer like crazy, practically wear a sleeping bag for a jacket and still freeze.

I can't wait to open our office in Brooklyn.  But for now, I'll enjoy working in a tank top and shorts with the deck doors wide open and a breeze that feels fantastic.  It's still a bummer here when there is no sun for days, which happened when various hurricanes passed through the gulf, despite being 100's of miles away.  But otherwise, the temp hovers in the 80's during the day and 70's at night.  

I will remind myself of this when I'm outside in January and am not as warm as I'd prefer.  But for now, I pulled my desk outside on the deck for today because it's freaking gorgeous out.

xo

2 comments:

schmatie said...

the link didn't work but i'm really intrigued about what "whitesmithentertainment" might be...

Camille Acey said...

you're totally blessed. i wish you all the best!

About MLE

My photo
Brooklyn, New York
Brooklyn Wisconsinite Entrepreneur, Yogi, Swimmer, etc. Background P1. P2. P3. Final Installment.