20081012

I'm Not One of Those Either

At about :35 in the Couric interview, Ms. Sarah Heath Palin explains how she didn't come from "a background of kids who perhaps graduate college and their parents get them a passport and give them a backpack and said 'go off and travel the world.'"  She continues, quite condescendingly, "No....., I've worked all my life.  In fact, I've usually had two jobs all my life, until I had kids.  I was not a part of, I guess, part of that culture. The way I have understood the world is through education.  Through books, through mediums, which have provided me a lot of perspective on the world."

Though the books and mediums you refuse to name?

Dear Sarah Palin,

I have been to Europe more times than I can remember. I've traveled throughout 30 or so countries on 4 continents. I never could have afforded this on my own, nor would I have asked my parents to foot the bill. I worked, because in addition to the love of my craft, I had an innate needs to explore the world. Yet, many folks often comment on how I've been 'everywhere.'  I haven't. I've only had the opportunity to travel in countries whose citizens could afford CD's at major label prices back in the day and concert tickets today. Despite the fact that I've been to exponentially more cities and countries than you, I have not seen the world whatsoever. Maybe someday, I can afford to travel to Africa, the Middle East, and parts of Asia who can't afford to put on rock n roll festivals.

Unfortunately for all of us, you can afford to visit these lands. Thanks for making your tax returns public. Sorry, but I don't think "Joe Sixpack" can relate to making $150k/year.

In the meantime, let's enjoy one of your Vlogs.


Love,
Emily White xo

1 comment:

Richard said...

Hey! Pessimist!

Where's that list of wonderful things about the Magic City?! (In fact, there's another one right there: it's called "the Magic City.")

Always reading along,
Richard

p.s. Let's get lunch!

About MLE

My photo
Brooklyn, New York
Brooklyn Wisconsinite Entrepreneur, Yogi, Swimmer, etc. Background P1. P2. P3. Final Installment.