20081018

I Don't Know How To Say This

But there are people my age voting for McCain/Palin.  WTF??????

I know I'm being a bit too idealistic/hippie/naive, but it scares the shit out of me.

I'm in a wedding in Wisconsin this weekend. I was ok with the fact that the other girls involved are married/planning families/into having traditional lives. However, I was truly appalled last night to find out that educated young women would consider not voting for Barack Obama and even worse, would be psyched to elect the Pro-Life Beauty Queen.

I could give a fuck how intellectually snobby I sound explaining to these 20-somethings that I have more foreign policy experience than Sarah Heath Palin. Extra worse, is that they countered my question of "So you'd be ok with Sarah Palin being President" by attempting to trash Barack. You didn't answer my question.

If you're so into the settling down and having kids BS, don't you give a shit about their future?

I really really really try to give midwesterners a good name in all of the cities I've lived in. But please don't perpetuate the horrendous stereotypes you already have by just plain being uninformed and responding like a crazy McCain rally type.

If McCain/Palin lose, maybe the pitbull will reconsider seceding from the US.

Love,
Emily White 

5 comments:

Sara Benincasa said...

Right on, dude.
Right.
ON.

Anonymous said...

Haha...my mom LOVES you even more now!! And I'd like to add I absolutely agree with you...and i'm even one of those "married and settled with kids" types!

Anonymous said...

That's what I'm saying, it makes no sense.. in addition to McCain and Palin being completely ridiculous, there is not one thing in their entire campaign that in any way helps the younger crowd, and the bottom line is that WE ARE THE FUTURE!

parowpyro said...

your middle namesake reports:
http://www.boingboing.net/2008/10/24/barack-hussein-obama.html

shawn.

edrie said...

I SO know what you mean - I'm from North Dakota and even though my immediate family is voting Obama, most of the rest of the people I know there are Republican ALL THE WAY in spite of some of them not really liking the ticket. Be smart and vote your consciouses - not history!

PS: The word verification that I have to type in to post this comment is "vagrific" I am NOT kidding!

- Edrie
(One of the Broken Toys)

About MLE

My photo
Brooklyn, New York
Brooklyn Wisconsinite Entrepreneur, Yogi, Swimmer, etc. Background P1. P2. P3. Final Installment.