20081013

#3 Free Outdoor Yoga

Note for Richard: I only do a 'daily favorite thing about Miami' blog when I'm actually in the city. It is my attempt at a positive outlook on my remaining days here, until I move home to Brooklyn and it's actually working. :)

Bayfront Yoga

Every Monday, Wednesday (6 PM) and Saturday (10 AM) there is a free Vinyasa class provided by the city at Bayfront Park.  It really is gorgeous to do yoga during sunset overlooking Biscayne Bay. The teacher is fab, and the program was started by a city councilman who always joking complains during navasana (which I admit, I often slack on). Anyone who communicates with me frequently knows that I revolve my Mondays and Wednesdays around the class. It's still no Greenhouse, but outdoor NYC yoga is obviously seasonal.  I've been pretty much disgusted with local/regional/state government here for the most part. So much so that I have a newfound appreciation for education and environment laws in Wisconsin and NY. But this class has created a mini local progressive community who also put on a seasonal Farmer's market in the park between Feb - April as well as yoga workshops including 108 Sun Salutations for World Peace.  Heady, but awesome.

The councilman who started said program is a minor local celeb to me. I don't get intimidated by actual celebs (sans Noel Gallagher) but apparently local progressive government officials are the new rock stars in Wizzle World.

That's all I got.  I'm fried from a 10 hour flight today.

Back to work either way.

xo


1 comment:

Henry Robinson said...

buy methyldopa online is used alone or with different meds to treat hypertension. Bringing down hypertension forestalls strokes, respiratory failures, and kidney issues. Methyldopa works by relaxing veins so blood can stream all the more without any problem.

About MLE

My photo
Brooklyn, New York
Brooklyn Wisconsinite Entrepreneur, Yogi, Swimmer, etc. Background P1. P2. P3. Final Installment.